ROAD ACCIDENT FUND COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
17 DECEMBER 2019 TO 05 JANUARY 2020
- The promoter is the Road Accident Fund (“the promoter”).
- This competition will run from 17 December 2019 to 05 January 2020. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
Who can enter
- Participants must be 18 years or older (or, if a minor, must be duly assisted by their legal guardians); be a South African citizen or permanent resident in the Republic of South Africa (“South Africa”); have a valid identity document or passport; and must reside in South Africa during the period of the competition (“participants”/“you”/“your”).
- Participants may not enter or receive a prize if they are directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of the promoter, its subsidiaries, holding companies, divisions and/or associated companies, or of the advertising or promotion agencies or any other entity that directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoters, or their spouses, life partners, immediate family members or business partners.
- By entering this competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The promoter’s decision regarding any issue with the competition will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is an online entry competition.
- The promoter shall not be responsible for telecommunications failure on the part of any participant’s service provider.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is not delivered or received, or is delayed or incomplete, due to technical reasons, including telecommunications failure on the part of the participant’s service provider, or otherwise. Proof of sending or screenshots will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
How to enter the social media competition
- You will be required to click on the link https://gleam.io/fb/hjcON on a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram post, (note: if the link is a referral link, it will be unique to the initial sender), or subscribe the Road Accident WhatsApp bot.
- You will be required to log in to an app via a Facebook or Twitter login, or by providing your name and surname and a valid email address.
- You will be able to submit entries into the competition by:
- Clicking to confirm your entry
- Visiting the Road Accident Fund Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/RoadAccidentFund/
- Tweet using the hashtag #AlwaysRemember
- Prizes consist of R 500 vouchers for Shoprite and Checkers. The vouchers will take the form of a numeric code which can be claimed in-store.
- The promoter will judge the competition and decide on the winner each week, who will be picked at random from all complete entries.
- The winners will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook within 24 hours. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The prizes do not cover any other costs of the winner whatsoever.
- The prizes may not be exchanged for cash.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes for alternative prizes of equal or greater value should the prizes promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
- The promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
- The promoter reserves the right to withhold prizes in the event that it reasonably believes, in its sole discretion, that the winner is not eligible to win; has contravened any of these terms and conditions; has acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of the competition; that their conduct can be reasonably interpreted as scamming or circumventing the rules of the competition; has acted fraudulently with regard to the competition; it would be unlawful to award the prize; or if the winner fails to accept the prize after 2 (two) attempts, for any reason whatsoever (in this instance, the winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize).
- The promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Publicity and data privacy
- By entering the competition, the participant acknowledges that personal information about him/her will be shared with the promoter and its agents to the extent necessary to conduct the competition and for prizes to be delivered to prizewinners.
- All personal information relating to the participants will be used solely in accordance with South African consumer and data-protection legislation.
- The promoter reserves the right to shorten, extend or suspend the time period of the competition, or terminate the competition, whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control, or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion.
- The competition, its prizes, and terms and conditions may be amended by the promoter at any time during the competition, and will be applied and interpreted within its sole discretion. In such event, all participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the promoter whatsoever.
- All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the promoter.
- Please note that the following terms require you to take on risk, limit the liability of the promoter and indemnify the promoters. Please read them carefully and contact the promoter if you have any questions!
- The promoter is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation in the campaign and it assumes no liability in this regard.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the participant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the promoter, its associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the competition, any competition-related activity, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, the promoter will not be liable in any way whatsoever for any claims arising from loss, injury, damage or costs suffered by a participant in relation to this competition or the prizes offered, including but not limited to claims relating to defects in the prizes or any losses caused by such defects or losses arising from incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by participant.
- The promoters will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.